Nanyang Outdoors is a CCA for adventurous, outgoing and passionate students. Students looking to join Nanyang Outdoors should be open minded and committed to learning new things. Prepare to belong to a second family who will have your back as you get dirty in camp and grow as a person.
What do we do during CCA?
- Learn new things while enjoying ourselves 😄
- Prepare to acquire advanced skills in rock climbing as well as kayaking!
- At the end of your four years with us, we aim for you to achieve SNCS Level 2 in sport climbing and 2 Star in kayaking.
- If this sounds like fun to you, you are in the right place!
Some of our CCA activities include:
- Rock climbing / Abseiling
- Trekking/ Hiking
- Outdoor cooking
Nanyang Outdoors has 2 expeditions each year, taking place during the March and June holidays. Our CCA alternates between land-based and water-based camps each year. These camps allow members to immerse themselves in their natural surroundings as well as heart-pumping outdoor activities. All the logistics, activity planning and role allocation are done by the students themselves, with guidance from teachers.
General overview of our camps:
The March camp is an introductory level 3D2N camp held in Singapore. This camp is usually where the new members are integrated into the family, with unbreakable bonds formed. Some areas we have camped at are Pulau Ubin and Pasir Ris Park.
The June camp is a thrilling expedition that usually lasts across 5 to 6 days. This camp takes place overseas, usually in Malaysia. The past few years, we have kayaked round the islands of Tioman, and trekked past the lush tea fields of Cameron Highlands. Just for those precious few days, our camps allow us to forgo all attachments to a usually hectic life. The night sky above our smoky campfires are always packed with glowing stars. Lulled to sleep on a sandy beach by the sound of crashing waves, or a delightful mountain breeze blowing through the tent, these are things we guarantee one will never forget.
- Land Expedition activities
- Trekking/ Rock Climbing
- Rivers and streams
- Flora and fauna in general
- Some tourist stops (e.g. tea farms, shops with local products)
- Understanding the local culture (orang asli, quizzes, guides)
- Sea Expedition activities
- Jetty jumping